Stolen from this page.
Date of Birth: June 27, 1986
Eye Colour: Blue/green/grey
Hair Colour: dark brown but my father still calls it dark blonde.
Hair Style: Usually long and staight but since I just cut some of my hair and will have to go to the hairdresser, it’ll become half-long and somewhat curly then, cause my hair curls when it’s shorter.
Weight: 58 kg (128 lbs if I’m correct)
Body Type: Short, not skinny or fat
Physical Condition: Average
Ethnicity: Dutch I guess
Religion: None, but I take an active interest in most religions.
Distinguishing Features (scars, tattoos, piercing, etc):
- Big scar on belly from shunt surgery
- Right now, ugly hair
- Lots of small scars from past self-injurious behaviour that I didn’t know people would notice till someone confronted me about them.
Physical Features – Favorites:
- Long hair when it’s long
- My face (not sure why)
- Don’t know what else
Physical Features – Wish to change:
- Height, wish to be taller
Interaction Characteristics (voice tone, gestures, quirks)
- Soft voice except when I’m angry
- Fewer facial expressions than most (at least, that’s what my classmates say)
- Don’t tend to make eye contact cause I can’t see the other person
Ancestral Lineage, Family Background: My father’s family are mostly educated, intellectual, politically-engaged people – would’ve been in the upper middle class if I liked classifying people that way – originating from everywhere around the country. My father was born in Hilversum, North Holland, a town between Amsterdam and Utrecht if I’m correct. My paternal grandfather did some radio work but I never found out what and my paternal grandmother was a social worker in a psychiatric hospital. My father went to university but didn’t graduate and now works as a system manager – not at all his field of study, cause he used to study physics. My mother’s family would be “working class” I guess, but I don’t know too much about them. They originate from the city of The Hague and surrounding cities. My maternal grandfather was a painter and I have no idea what my grandmother did, so I guess she was a housewife. My mother’s education is something similar to a GED, but she worked herself up in her career and is now something called a project administrator.
Allergies: Not sure anymore
Educational Level: High school, currently a college freshman
Areas of Study: Currently applied psychology
Degrees: High school diploma
Average Grades: Bs and Cs
Occupational Training: Got none
Career desired: Not sure. The one big thing I’m pretty sure about is that I want to work in the non-profit field and that I hate to be a manager.
Occupation: Being useless I guess
Income: Disability, currently about 560 euros a month
Past Occupations: N/A
Areas of Expertise: Uhm, don’t know
Miscellaneous skills, abilities, and awards:
- Debating contest participant in 2003 and 2005
- Good Internet-using and fairly good web development skills
- Good writing skills (if I’m inspired)
Military Experience: Uhm, no, what would a blind girl do in the military? Besides, I’m a pacifist if that’s an English word not referring to the ocean (don’t got a dictionary so can’t look it up).
Goals, Short term:
- Pass communication skills and psychology tests and job field orientation presentation
- Improve picture of my situation
- Not insult staff
Goals, Long term:
- Live on my own
- Go to college
- Get a job
Desires, Short term:
- Comfort, sort of
- A regular sleep/wake cycle
- Right now, coffee (what did I say about sleep cycles?)
Desires, Long term:
- Not to feel this lonely anymore (man, I feel weak for admitting this)
- More confidence
- More clarity about what I desire/want/whatever, I guess, cause I can’t think of anything else.
Needs, Short term:
- A haircut
- Time and energy to study for exams and practise presentation
Needs, Long term:
- To lessen my confusion
- To get out of here and live on my own
- To go to college I guess
Every been arrested: No, but have been involved with the police more than once.
If yes, for what: Always cause I was wandering around and policemen think that’s illegal or something.
How long in prison: N/A
My Personality: I am open-minded, intelligent and creative and like to think I’m a good listener. On the other hand, I’m pretty socially awkward and kind of shy when it comes to acquainting people – I don’t mind talkign with strangers, but they can’t come too close. I also tend to be kind of pessimistic.
Self-Esteem: Pretty poor I guess, but that is kind of a tricky issue as I don’t like to admit to having poor self-esteem cause it in itself means weakness – hence, a pretty self-fulfilling prophecy. Actually, my self-esteem is, like most things, quite black-and-white: I have certain standards that I think I have to meet up to, and if I meet them, I’m quite hapy – at least, when, by then, I still find them important. When I don’t – and I usually don’t -, I think pretty badly of myself.
Introvert/Extrovert: In some ways, an introvert – mostly in the social contact I desire -, but I may come across like an extravert in my behaviour, cause I quite easily approach strangers but don’t tend to let them come too close.
Intuitive/Planning: Intuitive in my planning?
Judge/Accepting: Judge for myself and, when I’m angry, for others; otherwise, I’m pretty accepting to others.
Thinker/Follow Emotions: Both, yet at the wrong moment.
Temperament: Uhm, I’m a person of extremes – or I think I am.
How handle anger: Quite poorly. There are moments when I try not to behave badly, and mostly those involve stuffing anger, and yet when I do get angry, I tend to insult others and/or break objects.
How handle compliments: Don’t usually believe them.
How express love: Try to express empathy with other’s feelings.
- May talk at length about one topic
- Hair twirling when I’m nervous
- My speech tends to vary greatly with my mood (ie. I can’t find words when I’m distressed)
- Intelligence (though I’m not sure I consider that a positive trait)
- Poor frustration tolerance
- Really bad decision-making skills
- Quite pessimistic attitude
- Making cofee/tea for others
- Caring for appearance / personal hygiene (tat least, I hope so)
- Good studying habits, mostly
- Nail biting
- Hair twirling
- Never put things in the same place
Sense of Humor: Not sure. People say I got it but I don’t know.
- Not fulfilling my parents’ dreams for me
- Not being productive
Comment: Hmmm, I guess these are all three fears of mine cause I see them in a cause-effect relationship.
- Poison. That’s about my only fear that might creatively be called a phobia, though it doesn’t meet DSM-IV criteria.
- Used to have a phobia for dogs.
- Also used to have a phobia for weird, tropical diseases.
- Every person graduating from my type of high school, goes to university.
- Every person whose only disability is blindness, lives on their own and is competitively employed.
- Every intelligent person has a university degree.
Comment: I fulfill none of these three prejudices and know at least one other person not fulfilling each of them, but I still can’t get myself to stop thinking this way.
Opinion on Others Prejudice: I hate stereotypes and actively fight the ones I even hold myself, but of course, everyone has prejudices, and I even read somewhere that they serve a good purpose.
I talk easily about:
- Current events
I get embarrassed by:
- Not being able to find words when I’m distressed
- Having to admit that I’m not doing alright (when not in an angry/sad tantrum)
- Discussions about things I know a lot about but have little experience with where the opposite is expected, like friendship
Past, Favorite Moments:
- My 10th birthday party
- International Computer Camp in 2002
- Being accepted to two debating contests (2003 and 2005)
Past, Least Favorite Moments:
- Being teased in elementary school
- All of ninth grade in high school
- The big parent conflic tlast April
Past, Psychological Scars: I tend to describe my life as a constant battle between people about my abilities and difficulties and what these imply, but of course it all depends on how I handle these situations how I feel about them, and, of course, I don’t handle them well.
Political Party: Socialist
Social Issues you are against:
- “Preventive” war on terror
Social Issues you are for:
- Public healthcare
- Disability rights
- Gay marriage
- Surfing the Internet
- Disability issues
Comment: And a host of others, cause I have way too many interests and they tend to change depending on my mood.
Pets: Nope, but my family have a cat
Favorite Pet: My family’s cat, Morse
Favorite TV show: Don’t know
Favorite Band: Uhm, no idea
Favorite type of music: Folk
Favorite Song: Changes constantly
Favorite Colour: Black, blue, green, purple
Favorite Movie: Don’t know, never watch movies
Favorite Actor: Don’t even know any
Favorite Book: Currently The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Favorite Author: Hannah Green (aka Joanne Greenberg)
Favorite Sports: I only do fitness
Favorite Pastime: Writing
Do you drink: Nope
How often: Rarely
Favorite Alcohol: Don’t like any
Favorite Meal: Anything with rice
Favorite Restaurant: No idea
Diet (healthy, fatty, chocolate is a food group): Pretty healthy and varied, but I do tend to eat a lot of rice and pasta, coffee is a food group and I’m totally addicted to one particular type of candy
Clothing Style: Casual, but almost always black
Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual: Bisexual I think
Sexually Active: No
Love interest: Uhm, yeah, maybe
Favorite characteristics in love interest: What?
Least Favorite characteristics in love interest: N/A
Turn-Ons: What does that mean?
Turn-Offs: Don’t know
Best Friend: Got none
Close Friends: Have none either
Acquaintances: Uhm, the online folks?
Acquaintance you wish to be a friend: N/A
Where do you live (home, apartment): One-room apartment
With who: Alone but since I live in training home we share one apartment that is for general use. There are seven clients here.
City: Apeldoorn, Gelderland, Netherlands
Assessment of living style (can’t wait to move, love city, hate state): Currently think training home really isn’t the right place for me anymore but alternate between thinking I belong in a mental institution and thinking I should’ve moved out on my own. Don’t have a problem with my city except that it has no colleges.
Where would you like to live: Don’t know
Favorite saying: Whatever?
Favorite quote: “The biggest argument against democracy is a five-minute discussion with the average voter.” – Winston Churchill
My Philosophy of Life: I’m a philosophical Idealist who looks for “realism”. Pretty contradictory, isn’t it?